Sunday, June 6, 2010

Week 2 - long(er) run





I did quite a few short runs this week, starting out with a run from South Yarra, round the Tan track and back with Luke. Luke is going to start the Can Too program with Kate for the half marathon which starts in a few months time. It was a great night for a run, even though it was a tad cold. Then it was a lunchtime run with Tanya from work, we went from work in the city, round the Tan and back.
I missed out on the Wednesday Can Too session which was a time trial round Albert Park Lake, oh well, I 'll have to make up for it at the next one so I can get a time for 5km.
Saturday morning was cold!! cold!! cold!! Driving to the lake about 7am I couldn't see out of my window with the condensation on the outside of the car. This weeks run was a 10km or 60min run from the lake across to the Tan track and up near the Tennis Centre. I ran with Graeme and Tina and it turned out to be an awesome morning for a run, albeit early! As we crossed the Swan St bridge the sun was rising up from behind the MCG, magically to see. Normally at that time on a Saturday I'm dead to the world with alcohol seeping from my pores. But not anymore, Saturdays are all about training now! We finished the run in 50min and then had the usual stretches, gatorade and muesli bars, not a bad way to finish a run hey.
My RunKeeper was rudely interrupted though when the dentist called to see if I could in earlier in the morning. I answered the call mid run and the poor girl must've thought I might have been up to something else.
From here training starts to ramp up each week, we increase each run by about 2km each week and eventually we will be running for 35km straight! My aim is to try and slow down as the distances get longer, I struggle to go slower and I think as they get longer I'm going to burn out unless I slow the pace.
In other news, the sore toe has made a comeback, Red Grapefruits taste disgusting and I sold 10 Entertainment Books, which adds $130 to my fundraising total.
If you haven't sponsored me yet, please do. Perfect timing to claim it in your tax! (Click Here to Sponsor and search for Matt)

off for a run with Luke now

No comments:

Post a Comment