Sunday, July 11, 2010

18km in the wind



The temperature on my phone Saturday morning at 7am said 14 degrees, I seriously thought there was something wrong with it, no way could it be so warm in the morning. It was dark and winter - it must be under 5 degrees? Fast forward 15min after downing a brunch bar and banana and I found out that it was indeed under 14 thanks to the gale force winds.

Nick (the coach) was away so it was just the crew with Nicole this morning, we all decided it would be better to follow last weeks route and extend it by 2kms so we could keep out of the wind. We were due to run down the esplanade to Brighton and back, and my god - I'm so glad we didn't, the wind would've ripped right through us. There was one time when we came round a bend and got blown backwards a bit. Overall it was a pretty good run though. Graeme and I ran an average 5km p/hour run for the 18kms. I tried taking my water bottle holder with me, but I had to empty it after the first 200m as it bloody kept leaking all over my leg! Not the most pleasant experience in the world, if I was 80 I wouldn't know if it was the water or my bladder, but then I don't think I'd be running at 80 haha.

I went to Costco today, damn they didn't have Brunch bars, but I did find some bulk party pies for my fundraising morning tea next Friday and a 1.8kg jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans!!!! I just finished counting them ALL - yes I washed my hands, but I counted them on a chopping board with a knife to seperate them, I had to keep track every hundred though, and might I say - it's going to be a touch competition!!! I think I will sell guesses at $2 each at work during the week and see if I can add to my fundraising using that method.
Friday night was the first Trivia planning night as well, with the help of Virginia my friend and housemate. It was just Kate and I though as Mr Mollison had a "prior" engagement. He can put in the hard yards for the next one. So we drafted our email to send to some companies to try and get some prizes donated for either a silent auction or door prizes. I'll let you know how we go.
I really want a jelly bean! Next weekend is meant to be the recovery week with a reduction in KM's to 14 on Saturday, but I won't be going to that, I've entered into the Run Melbourne half marathon on Sunday so I will be Pounding the Pavement for that one - I really just want the medal haha.

I found this YouTube clip of CanToo as well - take a look Click HERE.

And as always, if you read this and you are able to sponsor me, please CLICK HERE, I only need another $700 and then I become a fundraising star and I can focus on training rather than fundraising.... here's hoping! Together we can beat the big "C"

Check out facebook

m@

No comments:

Post a Comment