Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fundraising - will it be hard?


'FUN'-draising - it should be fun right? So how on earth do I achieve my minimum goal of $2,000 to such a great charity. To reach my own goal of finishing the marathon in one piece, running and alive!

I jumped on
Google, and when you do a search for 'fundraising ideas' there are so many different sites and so many ideas. There are companies that I think you pay, and they do it all for you. Then of course there is the usual Cadbury chocolate boxes, but you can only sell so many chocolates right?
It says that 1 box of chocolates gives a profit of $28, there are 48 pieces of chocolate in each box. The only thing I hate about these things is the size of the chocolate, they are so much smaller than the ones you buy yourself and now they cost you $1.20, price hike or what! $1 was so much easier.
I also found '
Trolley Coins' which seem like a good idea, but how many people will I know that would want a trolley coin? I might still give it a go though. They seem interesting and different.
Another idea I thought of was to see if I could get a corporate sponsor, a company who wants to branch out, get it's name out there. They could sponsor me for charity and in turn we could design a hot
running singlet with their colours and logo and I can run advertising their company - would that work though? Would anyone be interested? I might dig deeper....
My friend Mark said he would host a Pilates class for me, he is an instructor and has done something similar before, 20 ppl in the class @ $20 each is an easy $400 straight up!

So many options and so many ideas, but putting the ideas into action and making them work is another thing - wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Matt, Let me kick start your campaign... I'll donate $20.00 (I'll hand it over on the 642). Still $1980 to raise, but as you mentioned, I'd be happy to do a Pilates Class to help your cause. One here in Melbourne.. and Another in Sydney over the City to Surf weekend.. I'll be running that too. I'll contact a few of my gyms I've taught at before, and perhaps we can make a huge progress! Lets sit down and brainstorm soon.

    ReplyDelete