Saturday, May 29, 2010

Week 1 - long(ish) run

Of course the first long run day it had to rain! I also don't think the 'several' glasses of wine with my mates last night was such a good idea.

Training today was at 7.30am at Albert Park lake and we were all off for a nice 8km or 50min run.
Lucky I wore my skins, because damn it was a tad chilly! I used RunKeeper to track my time/pace and map data - I like it heaps better than the other one I was using 'iMapmyrun'.

The rain was quite nice actually, once we started running it was nice and cooling. We headed down Kerford Rd towards the Bay and then along to near Catani Gardens and back.

I got close to 38min which was pretty good. But I need to start slowing down as the distance gets longer. Looking ahead to the 35km run in a few months is a bit scary, no way I can do the same pace for that distance.

It was pretty cool after the run as well, we did some stretches and our CanToo guys provided a big thing of Powerade, snakes and some muesli bars. The team from Adidas came to give us a chat about runners as well. Next Wednesday is the 5km time trial.

The sore toe held up as well. Tad tender now, but not to bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment