Tuesday, May 25, 2010

INJURY!


After the Great Ocean Road half marathon I was a bit tight in the calves and had
a sore toe. I thought nothing of it. After a few days the pain will subside
and
all will be ok! Well I was wrong.
Back track to Thursday and I was still limping around with a bloody sore toe. How can a toe be so sore. It was only when I walked and wasn't a sharp pain, just that annoying dull pain. So I took myself to see a Physio and he has referred me to a sports Doctor. Tomorrow morning I'm off first thing to see if I need a scan. Although it's feeling better now, hasn't been sore for days. Guess I better get it checked out just in case it comes back. The physio said it was most likely a dislocated tendon in the big toe.

Tomorrow after work is the first day of marathon training with CanToo - either way I will be rocking up! Whether I can run or not - this will not be the end of me!!!
Chocolates from Cadbury arrive on the 4th!! The first of the fundraising will begin.
27/5 - UPDATE the toe is ok, x-rays didn't show anything wrong and the doc said I can run on it as long as it doesn't get worse. Touch wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment